- When you see a book or books you’d like, send me an email to email@example.com with a list of what you want, and if you want to chip into the fund.
- As books get taken I’ll wipe them off this list, trying to keep it updated as best I can
- For popular books, they will simply go to the first person I get an email from.
- I’ll let this go for two weeks, and then give any left over books to the church library or book bins.
- I’m expecting to get a lot of emails, so please be patient if I don’t manage to be back in touch with you for a while.
- Sorry but if you live away from Hamilton I’ll need you to cover postage for the books, I’m happy to sort postage but, again, please be patient!
- If you live in Hamilton we can try and arrange picking up the books.
- If you’ve got questions about the books post them in the comments so everyone gets to see whats going on.
- If you don’t think you’ll actually use the book please leave it for someone who will.
- I’m the sort of person who likes to take good care of my books, so unless they’re something I bought second-hand, you can generally expect them to be in pretty good condition.
- The exception is a bunch of books (generally the ‘Christian’ books) that I’ve highlighted and marked inside to varying degrees.
- Before I send them I’ll have a quick flick through them and let you know what condition they’re in.
Just Walk across the room: Simple steps pointing people to faith – Bill Hybels The Myth of Certainty: The Reflective Christian and the Risk of Commitment – Daniel Taylor UnChristian: What a new generation really thinks about Christianity – David Kinnaman Leadership Gold – John Maxwell Put Your Dream to the Test – John Maxwell The Difference Maker – John Maxwell When I Don’t Desire God: How to Fight for Joy – John Piper What Jesus Demands from the World – John Piper Praying Backwards – Bryan Chapell Living the Ten Comandments – C.E. Simcox Deluded by Dawkins? – Andrew Wilson
- Seizing Your Divine Moment – Erwin McManus
- Heaven and Hell – Edward Donnelly
Freedom of the Will – Jonathon Edwards Selections from the Unpublished Writings of Jonathon Edwards Jesus Freaks Vol. II – DC Talk Christianity’s Dangerous Idea – Alister McGrath The Case for a Creator – Lee Strobel The Case for Christ – Lee Strobel How to Pray – R.A. Torrey A Theology of the Holy Spirit – Frederick Dale Bruner The Discipline of Grace – Jerry Bridges Morning and Evening – C.H. Spurgeon (exactly as shown in link) The Practice of the Presence of God – Brother Lawrence The Sovereignty of God – A.W. Pink Holy Bible (CEV) Holy Bible (NLT) Teen Study Bible (NIV) (looks like the one in the link) Western Society and the Church in the Middle Ages – R.W. Southern The Return of the Prodigal Son – Henri Nouwen The Early Church – W.H.C. Frend Christians in the Roman World (Readings for Early Christianity university paper) History of Theology – Bengt Hagglund Mere Christianity – C.S. Lewis The Problem of Pain – C.S. Lewis (more old school version that that pictured) A History of the English Church and People – Bede City of God – Saint Augustine The Enemy Within – Kris Lundgaard The Pilgrims Progress – John Bunyan Secrets of the Vine for Teens – Bruce Wilkinson The Purpose Driven Life – Rick Warren
The Autobiography of Richard Baxter – Richard Baxter Confessions of a Reformission Rev. – Mark Driscoll Hudson Taylor’s Spiritual Secret – Dr and Mrs Howard Taylor Biography of James Hudson Taylor – Dr and Mrs Howard Taylor Jonathon Edwards: A Life – George Marsden God’s Generals: The Roaring Reformers – Roberts Liardon Confessions – Augustine Confessions: Modern English Version – Augustine Praying Hyde: Apostle of Prayer – E.G. Carre C.S. Lewis: A Biography – Roger Lancelyn Green and Walter Hooper Nobody’s Child – John Robinson The Fate of the Yellow Woodbee: Nate Saint – Dave and Neta Jackson I Would Die For You – Brent and Deanna Higgins The Life and Times of Martin Luther King The Life and Diary of David Brainerd – Jonathon Edwards Contending for Our All – John Piper Nothing Venture, Nothing Win – Edmund Hillary The Lost Men – Kelly Tyler-Lewis Taming the Tiger – Tony Anthony Mud, Sweat and Tears – Bear Grylls
Acts of the Apostles – A.C. Winn Good News In Luke – Wilf Wilkinson John: A Brief Commentary – Everett F. Harrison James: Christian Faith in Action – G. Coleman Luck Matthew – Howard F. Vos Hebrews, James, I and II Peter – J.W. Bowman A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens David Copperfield – Charles Dickens Black Market – James Patterson Torn Apart – James Patterson Postcard Killers – James Patterson The Sound of Thunder – Wilbur Smith The Lord of the Rings Trilogy – J.R.R. Tolkien (matching set) The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien Mr Tucket – Gary Paulsen The Infidel – Bob Shepherd Brother Fish – Bryce Courtenay The Other Side of Dawn – John Marsden The Year of the Leopard Song – Eric Campbell The Place of Lions – Eric Campbell One of Our Bombers is Missing – Dan Brennan The Club of Queer Trades – G.K. Chesterton The Incredible Journey – Sheila Burnford My Life as a Smashed Burrito with Extra Hot Sauce – Bill Myers Tyrant of the Badlands – Sigmund Brouwer Whistleman – Brian Ridden The Road to Gandolfo | The Osterman Weekend – Robert Ludlum Theodolite Errors and Adjustments – J.S. Sheppard Plane and Geodetic Surveying for Engineers – David Clark Weighing the World: The Quest to Measure the Earth – Edwin Danson Geographic Information Systems and Science
How to Draw Anything – Mark Linley Citizen Soldiers – Steven E. Ambrose (of Band of Brothers fame) All About Winston Churchill – Quentin Reynolds The Voyages of Captain Cook – Anthony Cornish The Five Love Languages – Gary Chapman 1001 Best Things to See and Do in New Zealand – Peter Janssen Wake Physics – Jeremy Kovak Wakeboard Magazines (x2) The Happy Warrior: An Anthology of Australian and New Zealand Military Poetry Beyond Reasonable Doubt? An Inquiry Into the Thomas Case – David Yallop Don’t For Husbands (Thanks again for this Frances, I think it’s time a new generation of husbands discover it!) Empowering Couples – David and Amy Olson Oxford Pocket School Thesaurus Collins Mini Dictionary Collins New School Thesaurus Reed Pocket Dictionary of New Zealand English Otago Central Railtrail: From Steam Trains to Pedal Power Property Investment: A Strategy for Success – Martin Hawes Otago Peninsula – Stephen Jaquiery The Works of William Worsdworth True War Stories – Edited by Jon E. Lewis A History of Western Philosphy – Bertrand Russell The Dangerous Book for Boys – Conn and Hal Iggulden The Penguin History of New Zealand – Michael King The Hacky Sack Book With Love, Papa – Bear Grylls Handbook of Great Aircraft of WWII The Treaty of Waitangi (information booklet set) The New IBS Low-Starch Diet – Carol Sinclair Let’s Go Camping – Sarah Bennett and Lee Slater Live Well Spend Less – Sophie Gray Wises New Zealand Travel Atlas